An Iron infusion is a procedure where the total calculated dose of iron is infused intravenously.
You may require iron infusion if you:
- Can’t tolerate oral iron and have adverse effects from it,
- you have a malabsorption syndrome where gut does not absorb enough iron,
- have increased blood loss, in cases where we need to increase the iron levels fast to avoid medical complications or blood transfusions,
A consultation is required prior to booking for an iron infusion hence 2 appointments:
- Appointment 1 your Doctor will discuss and determine your eligibility Standard to Long Consultation $80 – $145 with a Medicare Rebate that alters depending on consult length.
- Appointment 2 $155 – $195 depending on the length of your appointment.
Iron infusions are offered by Dr Alison Holmes, Dr Jon Ong, Dr Misha Datta, Dr Teresa Ea & Dr Sasangee at Park Ridge.