Dermaplaning is a skin rejuvenation treatment which will leave your skin super smooth with improved texture. Dermaplaning may help transform tired and dull skin by gently exfoliating and removing dead skin cells as well as the fine vellus facial hair or “Peach Fuzz”. This procedure is ideal for all skin types and is a great option for patients with sensitive skin who are not suitable for other facial treatments, such as chemical skin peels.
This procedure used over a time can assist with increased cell turnover meaning it may assist in the reduction of acne scarring , fine lines and wrinkles and dark spots.
You will undergo a consultation with our Dermal Therapist prior to receiving this treatment. This consultation will involve a skin health assessment and thorough discussion about the procedure and expected results. During this consultation take the opportunity to ask any questions you may have. Normally it is recommended to have treatments every four weeks. You will be able to discuss this with a professional during the consultation and discuss the post procedure care.
Dermaplaning is a non-invasive procedure where a single use, sterile surgical blade is used to glide over and remove the outermost layer of the skin. This process is not painful and will cause minimal to no discomfort. Active finishing products will be applied for a beautiful result and to keep your skin calm, protected and hydrated.
There is no downtime associated with Dermaplaning meaning you are free to leave the clinic when you are ready and return to your daily routine. While the skin may appear slightly pink, this will subside within a few hours of the procedure. Excessive sun exposure should be avoided for one week and sunscreen should be worn to protect the skin.
Dermaplaning can be used as part of an age management treatment plan. This means you may be recommended to have this treatment on its own or in conjunction with other skin rejuvenating procedures and treatments. Many patients are able to see an improvement in the texture and appearance of their skin in only one treatment.
IS THIS TREATMENT FOR YOU – THE FACTS!
- Dermaplaning is recommended for all skin types. Patients with sun damage, fine lines, very dry skin and dull skin are great candidates. However this treatment cannot be performed with inflamed acne
- Contrary to popular belief, Dermaplaning will not make your hair grow back thicker or darker. Once your hair begins to grow back it might feel different, but it’s actually the same texture as before and grows at the same speed.
- There’s no downtime. Some light redness can be expected but not always.
- You’ll need to be very diligent with broad spectrum SPF afterward. Sun protection should be worn at all times and particularly post-exfoliation of your skin
- You will see Immediate results in your skins tone and texture.
- Dermaplaning is one of the most popular treatments to prep your skin for flawless makeup application!
- Because your skin and facial hair is constantly growing this procedure is recommended every 4 weeks.
- Ensure you only see a qualified skin practitioner to ensure the best and safest results.